We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
Their Buildings Structures Division would like to meet with creative Structural Engineers who are looking to develop their skills by working on challenging architectural projects within their London office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team in delivery projects from inception to completion.
- Assist and Collaborate in the planning and execution of projects within defined constraints and budgets,
- Lead and undertake structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of Practice Leadership,
- Direct and supervise Junior Engineers and Technicians to produce relevant structural information and check their work,
- Collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary design team,
- Experience with parametric modelling software and software coding (Dynamo, python, C++ etc.) is desirable Represent Atkins on Site visits and at design team meetings,
- Experience with parametric modelling software and software coding (Dynamo, python, C++ etc.) is desirable and may be a development target.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE) or working towards Chartership,
- Post graduate experience working as a Structural Engineer in the Building sector,
- Expertise in stations and the transportation sector would be especially desirable.
- A good understanding of complex interface issues i.e., constructing buildings on challenging sites and over existing infrastructure would be desirable but is not essential.
- Sound commercial awareness and project management skills,
- Good communication and presentation skills,
- Ability to work both on one's own and as part of a multidisciplinary team,
- Appreciation of embodied carbon and sustainability issues associated with the built environment.
The successful Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.