Are you a Structural Engineer with ambition, diverse work experience and a passion for designing projects that will last far into the future? If so, we would like to invite you to join our team. We are a small company based near the heart of Sutton Coldfield, and are well versed in the competitive field of Structural Engineering, having many longstanding clients, some of whom we have worked with for over 40 years. You will be actively encouraged to take on interesting projects from start to completion. We can offer a generous pay package along with career development and advancement opportunities.
Primarily we require a Structural Engineer though some knowledge of Civil Engineering (roads and drainage) Design would be advantageous, but not essential.
Due to our size you will be directly involved in small to medium sized projects up to £25M in value, and ideally will have previously worked in a similar position.
You will be encouraged to develop a relationship with existing clients and seek new opportunities wherever possible.
- Ability to manage your own projects, from conception to completion.
- Produce calculations for all Structural materials steel, concrete, masonry and timber etc.
- Prepare drawings using Autocad
- Carry out site visits and attend meetings
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Providing technical advice to clients and colleagues
- Liaising with relevant professions as part of the design team
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Preparing condition reports of existing structures
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, plus minimum of ten years relevant work experience in a similar role
- MIStructE or MICE or working towards
- Proficient using AutoCAD
- Experience of design software such as Tekla TEDDS, Tekla Building Designer, Fastrak Portal
- Experience designing steelwork and reinforced concrete
- Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills
- Good written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing reports
- Ability to work on your own to deliver a project, from start to completion
Package on Offer
- Competitive salary between £35k to £50k dependent on experience
- Company pension scheme
- 20 days floating holiday plus bank holidays plus additional days at Christmas
- Payment of fees to IStructE or ICE where applicable
Please forward your letter of application and CV to email@example.com
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Commercial Structural Engineer jobs in Sutton Coldfield
- Residential Structural Engineer jobs in Sutton Coldfield
- Retail Structural Engineer jobs in Sutton Coldfield
- Roads & Drainage Structural Engineer jobs in Sutton Coldfield
- Stadia / Grandstands / Leisure Structural Engineer jobs in Sutton Coldfield