Salary: £60,000 – £75,000 dependant on experience plus benefits and relocation allowance
Contract: Full time/ Permanent
Website Align Property Partners
Do you want the best of both worlds? An organisation which provides a stimulating and autonomous career with projects right at the cutting edge, coupled with stability? This could be the role for you.
Align Property Partners is wholly owned by North Yorkshire Council and is one of the largest multi disciplinary organisations in the north of England. We provide a huge range of “one stop shop” design, consultancy and engineering solutions to a wide range of clients right across the public and private sector.
Our established Structures team, based in Northallerton, is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to lead and manage our long-term, secured forward programme of work.
Our size means that you will have the ability to play an important role in the running and development of the organisation. You will not feel like a small cog in a big wheel here – in fact, as Technical Director you will report directly to the Managing Director and operate at Board level. In addition, as Align is wholly owned by North Yorkshire Council it provides a highly stable foundation from which to build your career – regardless of the ups and downs of the economic climate.
We operate a hybrid working model which means you can split your week by working flexibly across our office locations (Northallerton, Otley, Durham, Kendal, Cockermouth and Scarborough) and also work from home with the requirement to attend our Northallerton office once a fortnight.
What do we want?
- A confident, strategic leader with the ability to work at Board level
- Structural engineering degree or equivalent with vast amount of post-qualification experience in structural design
- Ideally a chartered member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers or willing to work towards this
- Fully competent in the conceptual and detailed design of structural engineering projects, including new build projects, renovations of existing structures and extensive survey schemes with all forms of structural materials
- Significant experience in managing project delivery and managing people providing leadership within an engineering consultancy
- Proficient at resource and financial management with the ability to work with clients to produce required scopes of works and fee proposals
- Actively progress business development opportunities and maintain good existing client relationships
- Autonomously manage teams, projects and resources to meet objectives and manage fluctuating workloads
More Information and How to Apply
For more information on this role please see our campaign site here
Align Senior roles engineers – The Resourcing Solution (nyresourcing.co.uk)
For an informal discussion and if you wish to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Leanne Auton on 07815 028 548 or email her at Leanne.Auton@northyorks.gov.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 11 June at midnight
Categorised as: Chartered Structural Engineer / Commercial / Design / Industrial / New-build / Refurbishment / Structural engineer (general)