Would you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-discipline consultancy with the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects? If so then this could be the ideal role for you. Due to continued success and growth my client is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the expert team in their Newcastle office.
The successful candidate will undertake all aspects of the design from pre-planning, conceptual design through to the production of as-built drawings. Offering client care and advice that few can match – this consultancy holds an enviable reputation and can offer genuine career progression.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients,
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery,
- Review calculations, drawings, and design documentation,
- Management and technical development of company capabilities and individuals,
- Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications,
- Client and stakeholder interfacing,
- Undertaking embodied carbon calculations for building structures and advising clients on low embodied carbon structural solutions.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer (near chartered will be considered),
- Extensive post graduate experience in structural engineering building projects,
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes,
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery,
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds,
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability (Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein is desirable),
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and to the required levels of quality,
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business,
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations),
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients,
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor a growing team,
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work,
- Ability to achieve SC security clearance
- Driving Licence (desirable).
- Understanding of low embodied carbon structural solutions and how to calculate embodied carbon of building structures.
On offer for the Principal Structural Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact Graham Ventham today on 01728 726120
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)