Conrad Consulting are delighted to be working with a prestigious and multiple award-winning multidisciplinary engineering practice that works on a range of diverse projects across the UK.
They have asked us to help them find a talented and experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join the team in their Central London office on a full time, permanent basis. As a senior member of the structural engineering design team your responsibilities will include undertaking structural engineering designs, attending meetings and construction sites, supervising production of project deliverables and leading day-to-day aspects of projects.
Projects: Commercial, residential, education, retail, sport & leisure and arts etc.
- Developing structural engineering designs including undertaking structural analysis, preparing calculations and sketches
- Preparing reports and specifications
- Assisting with managing the preparation of engineering deliverables
- Checking and reviewing of engineering designs and deliverables
- Liaising, collaborating and coordinating with other project team members
- Attending meetings and representing the organisation externally
- Carrying out site visits and surveys
- Managing of projects and other staff members
- Acting professionally and with due regard to the public interest and to the interests of all those affected by our professional activities
- Undertaking technical and personal self-development
- Undertaking other tasks typical of an engineering design practice
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered with either the ICE or IStructE,
- At least 5 years’ post graduate experience within a structural engineering design office or team,
- Ability and desire to support and mentor junior team members,
- Experience of working with all common building materials e.g. stone, steel, masonry, timber, glass and concrete e.t.c
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social and wellbeing activities
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave benefits
- Reimbursement of professional subscription and membership fees
- Season ticket loan
- Support in working towards professional status with relevant institution for the job role.
An added benefit to this role is that our client supports agile working with a blend of home and office working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in working for this excellent firm on a range of interesting and challenging projects please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to apply.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)