Engineering Design Services Limited is a well-established structural and civil engineering consultancy based in the idyllic Turks and Caicos Islands 90 mins flight south of Miami. Formed in 2000 it provides a full-service offering ranging from civils and structural design, expert witness assignments, and contract administration, with strong specialism experience in seismic and hurricane design.
A vacancy exists in this well-established and renowned Structural and Civil Engineering Practice for a senior chartered structural engineer. Based in Turks and Caicos Island for at least 3 years an opportunity exists to join an ambitious design practice servicing a client base across the Caribbean and Central America. Opportunities will exist within a planned UK office in the medium term.
The successful candidate will manage clients’ expectations, be responsible for meeting project deadlines and manage a busy design office. The role will include ensuring all designs meet the requisite design codes and planning regulations. Site inspections, attendance at progress meetings, conveyancing inspections, and inspection report writing are all part of the scope of this role.
- Graduate in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience post PE or CEng qualification
- Experience designing in concrete, steel, and composite materials.
- Good working knowledge of US and British design codes
- Capable of handling multiple projects at once
- Strong experience in expert witness and conveyance inspection work
- Strong social and interpersonal skills
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Proven track record in problem-solving.
- Fluent in English
- Seismic Design Experience using ETABS or SAP2000
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Ability to sketch solutions to enable swift resolution of RFI’s
Package for the successful candidate will be in the range of $120 000 to $140 000 plus benefits, tax-free dependent on experience.
Categorised as: Chartered Structural Engineer