CSE Limited is the leading structural and civil engineering consultancy in the Caribbean.
Based on Tortola in the British Virgin Islands we provide a complete range of engineering services to some of the world’s most prestigious residential and commercial projects. We are offering the right candidate an unparalleled opportunity to work on bespoke, high-end developments on the private islands of BVI, across the BVI, TCI, Antigua, and other locations down the island chain.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Chartered Structural Engineer with a flair for imaginative design, sound drafting skills, and practical know-how to assist with our expanding workload. You will be highly motivated to live and work in the Caribbean.
Reporting to the Directors, you will be working on a range of residential, commercial, educational, and island infrastructure projects. You will also supervise the Design Office team and mentor junior staff. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong-performing candidates. We value strong, independent Engineers with relevant design experience, commercial awareness, and good problem-solving skills.
- Preparing supporting calculations and drawings for a wide range of commissions in all usual materials and structural forms
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of engineering design delivery
- Site inspections, condition surveys, and day-to-day project design coordination with other disciplines
- Minimum of BSc, BEng, or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering from a UK university
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers
- Minimum 5 years experience post-CEng qualification
- Experienced in leading a team of engineers
- Experience in design to British Standards, Eurocode, IBC, ACI, and ASCE code is desirable
- A good understanding of wind and seismic loading
- Demonstrable experience in design work, site inspections, and structural surveys on projects in relevant sectors
- Structural analysis skills in all common design materials
- Proficiency in design engineering software including Tekla, TEDDS, Cads RC, and Revit, in addition to AutoCAD
- Ability to perform standard calculations by hand from first principles
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Driver’s license
- A competitive tax-free salary in US Dollars
- Bi-annual performance-related, tax-free bonus
- Government national health and pension scheme contributions
- 20 days’ annual leave plus Public Holidays (currently 14 in BVI)
- Payment of professional membership subscriptions
In addition, we provide:
- Paid economy flights to and from Tortola at the start and end of your employment.
- Assistance in finding rental accommodation
- The first month’s accommodation.
- A loan for the purchase of a private car (if required)
- Mobile phone allowance
- Uniform and PPE
Where we are:
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is an idyllic archipelago situated in the Eastern Caribbean around 60 miles from the coast of Puerto Rico and close to the larger US Virgin Islands. There are daily flights to the UK from Antigua, which is only a 40-minute flight from Tortola.
The capital, Road Town, is located on Tortola and is the administrative center of this British Overseas Territory. Many of the other islands are tiny, ranging from private havens for the rich and famous and exclusive resorts to spectacular national parks.
As with the rest of the Caribbean, the climate and lifestyle of Tortola are a major attraction. The temperature ranges between the low twenties and the high thirties and the islands benefit from year-round sunshine. For such a small place there is plenty of history and an abundance of natural beauty in the mountainous interior, but it is the unspoiled coastlines, pristine beaches, and warm ocean that tend to keep people here. It is a world-class haven for water sports, diving, and sailing.
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this position please email us at email@example.com with your CV, application letter, and a copy of your Diploma/s.
Categorised as: Chartered Structural Engineer / Engineering / Structural engineer (general)