Would you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-discipline consultancy with the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects? If so then this could be the ideal role for you. Due to continued success and growth my client is looking for a Senior / Principal Structural Engineer to join the expert team in their Bristol office.
The successful candidate will undertake all aspects of the design from pre-planning, conceptual design through to the production of as-built drawings. Offering client care and advice that few can match – this consultancy holds an enviable reputation and can offer genuine career progression.
- Management, supervision and mentoring the junior members of the team,
- Assist with management of team resources and make key commercial decisions on fee spend to suit an ever-changing broad spectrum of projects,
- Preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes,
- Carry out detailed design calculations to Eurocodes using the latest 3D design software,
- Using the latest BIM tools co-ordinate your design with other design disciplines and specialists,
- Oversee the production of detailed design drawings and preparing specifications for tender purposes,
- Liaise with the design team and client throughout the project and monitor progress and quality during the construction phase,
- Carrying out structural surveys of buildings and structures and providing advice on any issues that may arise,
- Analysing and reporting on structural defects and remediation if required,
- Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- MIStructE/MICE Chartered membership,
- Between 5 – 8 years of relevant experience,
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English,
- Structural design experience in core materials; Concrete, Steel, Masonry, and Timber,
- Experience with finite element and software design packages (TEKLA, TEDDS, SCIA design software, etc),
- Experience with Revit and BIM.
On offer for the Senior / Principal Structural Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact Graham Ventham today on 01728 726120
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)