Our client, a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with several offices across the UK have an excellent opportunity for a Senior / Principal Geotechnical Design Engineer to join them in their Cardiff office on a full time permanent basis.
This firm is well-established and holds a strong presence within the industry and is looking for an experienced & knowledgeable Geotechnical Engineer who will deliver projects from inception to completion.
- Design and organisation of geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations,
- Deliver technical interpretive reports assisting clients and structural/civil engineers on foundations, retaining walls, earthworks etc. and contamination issues,
- Desk studies and development of remediation proposals,
- Checking logs and schedule testing,
- Preparing fee quotations,
- Proven experience of project managing all aspects of site investigation projects,
- Leading and managing a team,
- Begin to assist with marketing and business development of the company.
- A degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or Similar subject,
- Prior experience in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years’ experience – all levels above 2 years will be considered,
- Strong commercial awareness,
- Strong numerical and analytical skills,
- An appreciation of other disciplines which influence geotechnical design, such as temporary works and/or rail design would be beneficial,
- Dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole,
- Planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans,
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team.
This firm are looking for an engineer who will join them and hit the ground running. In return they will offer a competitive salary (depending on level of experience) & benefits package. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested and would like to know more about the role & company, please apply by sending your up to date CV through to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)