Would you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-disciplinary consultancy with the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects?
If so then this could be the ideal role for you. Due to continued success and growth my client is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to work alongside the structural engineering team in their London office to work on a range of prestigious projects covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction. The successful candidate will have experience in highways design, pavements, bridges, earthworks engineering and cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations and sewerage systems, external works and highway and drainage section agreements (S278, S38 & S104).
Offering client care and advice that few can match – this consultancy holds an enviable reputation and can offer genuine career progression.
- Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects,
- Producing flood risk assessments (FRA’s) and drainage strategies,
- Supervising CAD technicians and engineers,
- Representing the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals,
- Taking responsibility for delivering work to an agreed fee and timescale,
- Owning project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets),
- Preparing client / project proposals,
- Assisting in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees,
- Constructing project teams from internal and external resources,
- Procuring project resources,
- Agreeing design philosophy / design fundamentals.
- A degree in civil of structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer,
- A minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience,
- Significant experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice,
- Good understanding of highway and drainage section agreements (38, 278 and 104),
- A competent user of Windes Microdrainage,
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and in particular Civil 3D,
- Ability and desire to supervise and mentor more junior team members.
On offer for the Civil Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact Graham Ventham today on 01728 726120
Categorised as: Roads & Drainage