We are working with an award-winning Civil and Structural Engineering consultancy who currently have a vacancy in their Manchester office for an ambitious & creative Senior Civil and Structural Technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client has an ever-expanding portfolio of projects and therefore, the successful Senior Structural Technician will be required to generate and develop their own ideas. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Report to and take direction from the Partner/Associate leading the Civil and Structural Engineering Team.
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to the project programme, to the required quality standard, and within the budget and time allocation.
- Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate to the size and complexity of project.
- Undertake outline, scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects.
- Carry out structural analysis and detailed design calculations in accordance with up-to-date Eurocodes.
- Checking of calculation packages, drawings, specifications, reports and other deliverables for projects prior to issue.
- Supervise and mentor more junior engineers and technician staff in the project team.
- Prepare reports and general correspondence as required in connection with the running of projects.
- Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports on findings, set out in a logical manner with appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with other members of design and construction teams, both internal and external, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Team.
- Ideally MEng First Degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering.
- Chartered or near Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers,
- Significant experience in new build design, refurbishment/change of use design and structural surveys on building structures projects in the UK,
- Experience of leading a project team including overseeing the work of junior engineers, technicians and reinforcement detailers,
- Good commercial awareness and design management experience,
- Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber,
- Familiarity with key forms of building construction,
- Proficient in the use of structural analysis/design software including TEKLA structural designer, Robot, TEDDS etc and document editing software including Bluebeam Revu,
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English,
- Hold a current UK driving licence,
- Collaborative team player who is also able to work with minimal supervision and use own initiative,
- Personable and confident.
On offer for the Senior Civil and Structural Technician
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
- Agile working
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)