Our client is a forward thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy who provide a broad range of structural engineering design services with projects from small housing schemes to multi-storey projects with build costs in excess of £100m.
They are looking for an experienced Project Structural Engineer to join the team in their London office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful Structural engineer will lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Input into fee proposals, including resources and programme,
- Manage projects from inception through to completion,
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors and Principal engineers,
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations,
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings,
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings,,
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients
- A relevant degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- A Chartered engineer or working towards chartership,
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards
- Experience in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables.
- Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills coupled with attention to detail
- Ability to lead design aspects of projects including managing quality, budget, programme and resources
- Ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members.
On offer for the Project Structural Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Birthday off work!
- Employee Assistance Programme,
- Workplace pension,
- Training and development,
- Sponsorship of professional membership.
Your enthusiastic approach to the successful completion of design projects and excellent communication skills will win you this role. An added benefit to this role is that our client supports agile working with a blend of home and office working to suit individual needs.
To be considered please submit your CV to Graham Ventham.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)