Bligh Tanner is a structural, façade, civil, environmental and water engineering consultancy based in Queensland with recent expansion into Sydney. Bligh Tanner is known for their innovative engineering solutions, and are asked to collaborate on more complex and challenging projects across a range of typologies throughout Australia.
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Bligh Tanner has an opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer with experience in project management and business development to join our growing practice here in Brisbane. You will join a group of hard working and talented engineers, inside what we believe to be one of Australia’s most innovative engineering practices.
+ About us
Bligh Tanner is distinguished by its high level of expertise, personalised service and reputation for delivering innovation on all projects.
Over the past 29 years, the firm has been responsible for some of Australia’s most innovative and complex engineering projects, from multimillion dollar special structures, through to world leading integrated water management systems.
Bligh Tanner is known for solving complex problems and demonstrates a highly-specialised approach to environmentally sustainable design.
We seek to attract and retain the best talent available and invest in their development to ensure they have the training, tools and resources they need to perform at their potential. We expect staff to become leaders in their fields, and we motivate and retain employees by providing a sense of genuine autonomy, mastery and purpose in their work.
+ THE ROLE
As a leader with a client focus and a strong technical background, you would be responsible for both winning and delivering complex, innovative projects. A wide range of design experience from master planning to renovation, adaptive re-use, heritage, commercial and large institutional projects is sought.
You will be an experienced project manager with an understanding of all phases of a development project from planning, through to design and delivery and can demonstrate an ability to liaise with external stakeholders and contractors to deliver positive project outcomes.
Duties include the investigation, modelling, analysis, design, documentation of a variety of structural engineering projects which typically involve new buildings, pedestrian bridges, landscape elements:
Manage structural engineering projects from inception through to completion including:
- Concept designs
- Preliminary to detail design and documentation
- Site phase and completion
+ KEY EXPECTATIONS
- You will be recognised as a leader in your field of expertise and strengthen Bligh Tanner’s reputation for technical excellence
- You will work collaboratively with other Bligh Tanner employees to foster teamwork and knowledge sharing, including assisting with the types of work described above
- You will have commercial awareness with knowledge in financial management of projects
- You will have a practical approach with the ability to work independently to deliver results
- You are experienced working on projects from beginning to completion
- You collaborate well within a team environment and proven strength in communicating concepts/ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are passionate about training and mentorships of junior team members.
- You will undertake whatever tasks are necessary to deliver your projects and support the overall functioning of the Bligh Tanner business, including clerical and administrative tasks as needed
+ WHAT WE’D LIKE
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ experience
- Significant local experience in structural engineering design particularly in Architectural buildings, infrastructure and institutional projects
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant analysis software programs
- Strong relationships with existing clients
- Ability to work independently, with a responsible approach to the delivery of projects, and in the management of graduate engineers.
+ WHAT WE THINK IS IMPORTANT
- Professional approach to work
- Balanced approach to life
- Clear career aspirations
- Positive contributor to a small team environment
- Hold safety as a personal core value
+ WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We provide an inclusive, small business feel work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home and part time options
- Health Benefits eg. Vaccinations
- Additional Leave Purchasing
- Profit Sharing
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
This position is based in Australia, we are seeking interest from those considering a sea change; logistics and visa requirements are part of the discussion package for the right person. We encourage you to reach out to our team to ask questions about who we are and how we operate prior to application