We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join one of the world’s most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Building Structures Team in their Cardiff office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the Principal Structural Engineer will support their increasing workload. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion. Demonstrable technical experience is also essential.
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
- Responsible for resourcing and delegation of tasks.
- Project management roles (internal fee collation and forecasting).
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities.
- A degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experience in successfully leading the structural engineering delivery of small projects including the management of small, focused project teams to deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices.
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
The successful Principal Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)