WML Consultants is an engineering consultancy located in Western Australia with offices in Bunbury, Kalgoorlie and Perth, specialising in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical and Pavements Engineering. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality outcomes that are customer focused through drawing on our local knowledge and expertise.
WML require a qualified, motivated and focused Principal Structural Engineer to join our team. The role can be operated from either our Bunbury or Perth Office locations. This role will design and manage the technical aspects and resources of Structural Jobs. The project range includes institutional, industrial, commercial, and residential buildings, mine structures, bridges, drainage and coastal structures.
Our successful candidate must have the following essential requirements:
- A Bachelor of Civil Engineering, or demonstrated equivalent level of skill, knowledge, and experience.
- Chartered status required (MIStructE preferred).
- Minimum of 20 years' engineering experience (Graduate + 20 years and greater).
- Comprehensive skill, knowledge, and experience in at least two of the following structural engineering fields:
- Design of domestic, commercial and office buildings.
- Design of industrial and mining structures.
- Design of civil/drainage structures, bridges, or coastal structures.
- Contract administration of structural engineering projects.
Knowledge of policies and practices relating to Occupational Safety and Health on construction projects is preferred but not essential.
Perth offers many great lifestyle advantages, whilst being nestled along the Swan River, the Indian ocean and the hills, Perth residents can enjoy suburban, coastal or semi-rural living, with easy commutes to work, many pristine beaches, beautiful parks, nature reserves and wineries. Perth is a family-friendly location with highly rated education facilities, high quality health services and shopping precincts. Although Perth is the very isolated capital city of Western Australia, with a population of only 2.2 million, it provides plentiful opportunities and amenities with a Mediterranean climate and a relaxed lifestyle. Bunbury is a vibrant and diverse city offering great lifestyle advantages of both city living and country charm. It is a peaceful, sea-side community, with a population of 80,000, just a 2-hour drive south of Perth and a short drive to the world-class Margaret River wine region. Bunbury has a strong economy, modern infrastructure and great public transport along with pristine beaches right on your doorstep. Bunbury is a family-friendly location with highly rated education facilities, health services and shopping centres.
WHY JOIN US?
We believe in providing a positive work environment where we foster a flexible, safe, supportive and collaborative team setting. We have created a culture and team spirit where we encourage members to take ownership of projects, leveraging strengths and challenging ourselves to grow as the business continues to grow. We have family friendly working arrangements offering flexibility and working from home capabilities.
WML has a profit share scheme providing annual bonuses based upon personal KPI’s and company performance. As a company, WML believe in rewarding and recognising effort and contributions.
Relocation assistance to interstate and international applicants, and visa sponsorship will be offered.
If you believe you have the necessary skills, experience and want to work for a company who put its people first, please apply now.
KEY DELIVERIES OF THE ROLE
Supervision and Management
- Prepares job proposals, including identification of resources to meet agreed programmes budgets and performance levels, for review and signing by the Structural Group Manager.
- Establishes and leads project teams.
- Executes projects utilising the WML Consultants Quality Management System, and in special cases a Quality Management System specified by the Client.
- Manages engineering and drafting staff and checks their work for compliance.
- Manages engineering and drafting staff performance to meet financial targets.
- Seeks out and procures new projects. Maintain the existing client relationships and develop new clients.
- Prepares engineering designs for various structural engineering projects in accordance with the relevant Australian and Western Australian standards and codes of practice.
- Prepares engineering reports and contract documentation.
- Consults approving authorities and agencies and complies with mandatory requirements.
- Carries out design checks on own work and the work of others.
- Undertakes ongoing training and development to expand skills and knowledge.
- Undertakes to research and include innovation in design solutions where appropriate.
- Manages the scoping, project development, design, delivery, and review of assigned projects.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of project management processes and systems within the Company.
- Prepares contract documentation and manages the contract tendering process.
- Manages contracts and contractors to ensure that contracts are completed to approved scope, budget, time and quality.
- Reviews and report on the performance of both contracts and contractors.
- Undertakes contract management duties as appointed.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of contract management processes and systems within the Company.
Categorised as: Bridges / Tunnels / Coastal Structures / Commercial / Industrial / Residential / Roads & Drainage / Technical