We are looking for a dynamic, optimistic, and ambitious Graduate Structural Engineer with excellent commercial awareness. You will work as part of a positive and passionate team to provide the very best service to our clients.
- Outstanding passion for structural engineering, infrastructure, and design
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- An analytical and detailed approach to work
- A confident team player with superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Unquestionable integrity and confidence
- Have a good knowledge of BIM and structural analysis fundamentals
- Excellent team player
- A logical analytical approach to problem-solving and the initiative and determination to complete tasks
- Willingness to learn
Qualification, skills, and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of post-graduate experience
- Graduate membership of a relevant Professional Institution with aspirations to obtain Chartership status.
- Excellent technical and numerical skills and a skilled communicator, capable of producing reports
- Knowledge of relevant software such as Robot, Tekla Structures, Masterseries
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to a high degree of competence in project management.
Objective and key responsibilities
The successful candidate should be able to carry out the following tasks:
- Preparing structural designs for a variety of projects.
- Finding structural engineering solutions to meet client needs.
- Choosing structures and details that are economical and practical.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Structural team in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines.
- Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and manage and procure deliverables on time.
- Careful management of project time recording.
- Work effectively within a team and contribute ideas concisely.
- Liaise with clients confidently through effective communication and collaboration.
- Attend Design Team Meetings and site inspections.
- Assis in the day-to-day workings of a project with assistance from Principal Engineer/Director of the team.
- Prepare and manage technical reports.
- Use software needed to design and deliver a project successfully.
Benefits: This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking company. We are also offering a range of benefits inclusive of:
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Monthly gym membership contribution
- Paid professional memberships fees
- 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays)
- Employee social events
- A discretionary profit and performance-related annual bonus
- £100 birthday bonus
To apply for a position please send your CV plus a cover letter to email@example.com
Categorised as: Engineering / Graduates / Structural engineer (general)