Our client, a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with several offices across the UK have an excellent opportunity for a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join them in their Bristol office on a full time permanent basis.
This firm is well-established and holds a strong presence within the industry and is looking for an ambitious & knowledgeable Geotechnical Engineer who will deliver projects from inception to completion.
- Design and organisation of geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations,
- Deliver technical interpretive reports assisting clients and structural/civil engineers on foundations, retaining walls, earthworks etc. and contamination issues,
- Desk studies and development of remediation proposals,
- Checking logs and schedule testing,
- Preparing fee quotations,
- Ability to demonstrate experience of project managing all aspects of site investigation projects and begin to manage junior staff,
- Begin to assist with marketing and business development of the company.
- A degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or Similar subject,
- Prior experience in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years’ experience – all levels above 2 years will be considered,
- Strong commercial awareness,
- Strong numerical and analytical skills,
- An appreciation of other disciplines which influence geotechnical design, such as temporary works and/or rail design would be beneficial,
- Enthusiasm to move on to the next stage of your career in Geotechnical Engineering/Geo-environmental consultancy underpinned through an understanding of our sector and work and a desire to take on more responsibility,
- Dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole,
- Planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans.
This firm are looking for an engineer who will build and grow their career with them and in return they will offer a competitive salary (depending on level of experience) & benefits package. In addition they will offer support to attain long term career aspirations
and engineering excellence. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested and would like to know more about the role & company, please apply by sending your up to date CV through to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)