£40k – £45k per annum plus benefits
We are working with an established multidisciplinary consultancy who, due to an expanding workload have the opportunity for a talented Civil Engineer to join them in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Civil Engineer, who is passionate about civil engineering to gain exposure to a range of fantastic infrastructure projects.
Projects: Residential, Commercial, Educational and more.
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments,
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction,
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation,
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals,
- Site audits and feasibility assessments,
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships,
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a civil engineering role,
- Experience of writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Be skilled in preparing drawings using AutoCAD and design of foul and surface water drainage systems using Microdrainage,
- Some experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack,
- Knowledge of ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
On offer for the Civil Engineer:
- A competitive salary,
- 25 days’ holiday,
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used plus additional holiday based on length of service,
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance),
- Assistance with professional development,
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service,
- Employee Assistance Programme giving you free access to counselling and advice in legal, financial and personal matters.
This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If this Civil Engineer vacancy is of interest to you and you’d like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Categorised as: Civil Engineer