Principal / Associate Civil Engineer
£70k – £75k per annum plus bonus, benefits and car
We are working with a long established and hugely successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help find them find a dynamic Associate Civil Engineer to provide support to the Director of the relatively recently formed infrastructure operation in their Bristol office on a full time permanent basis.
They are searching for an engineer with the ability to play a ‘second in command’ role, taking control of their own work but also with the confidence and desire to brief and supervise a small team of engineers and CAD Technicians. The ideal candidate will also be expected to liaise and communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations,
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team),
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- Represent the company at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects,
- Support the training and professional development of team members,
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing,
- Support business development by delivering an exceptional service to clients, building relationships and supporting the local Director in bringing in new work.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Civil Engineer,
- Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice,
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements,
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES,
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential,
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures,
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc,
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude,
- Strong communication skills with clients and team members,
- Good strategic planning and management skills,
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
The successful Associate Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and a friendly working environment. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham or call 07182 726126 for more details and a confidential chat.
Categorised as: Civil Engineer