Associate Rail Engineer
£65k – £75k per annum plus bonus, benefits and car
We are working with a long established and hugely successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help find them find a dynamic and skilled Associate Civil Engineer to provide support to the Director of the Rail operation in their Amersham office on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be required to manage; people, projects and clients within the Rail Sector. Their specific discipline can be any of their core disciplines from; Structures, Civils or Geotechnical.
- Local management of people, projects and clients reporting through their discipline and office,
- Promote the company rail sector services both within and externally,
- Preparation of railway technical approval submissions in accordance with NR/L2/CIV/003 and in accordance with Network Rail Company Standards,
- Preparation of civil and structural engineering designs using manual calculations and industry standard software,
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Network Rail, Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities etc.
- Represent the company at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections,
- Control the programmed performance of projects,
- Overseeing the preparation of drawings by technicians,
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Civil Engineer,
- Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice,
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements,
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES,
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential,
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures,
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude,
- Strong communication skills with clients and team members,
- Good strategic planning and management skills,
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
The successful Associate Rail Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and a friendly working environment. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham or call 07182 726126 for more details and a confidential chat.
Categorised as: Roads & Drainage