Would you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-discipline consultancy with the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects? If so then this could be the ideal role for you. Due to continued success and growth my client is looking for an Associate Structural Engineer to join their expert team in their Winchester office.
The successful candidate will work on prestigious projects and will need to manage and be able to undertake all aspects of the engineering design and financial management of the projects and team. You will cover a wide range of disciplines in property and construction and be responsible for providing a wide range of structural engineering services under the direction of the Discipline Partner.
- Carrying out surveys and providing advice on any issues that may arise. Analysing and reporting on defects and remediation if required,
- Preparation of detailed design calculations to Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes (CIRIA, BRE etc). By hand and computer aided techniques,
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender purposes. Production of Construction information for issue to Contractors. By hand and computer aided techniques,
- Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors,
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office,
- Supervise Engineers and Cad Technicians,
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals.
- An MEng degree in civil or structural engineering,
- MIStructE/MICE Chartered membership,
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English
- Minimum 6-8 years design experience
- Evidence experience of working in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
- Project experience throughout the RIBA plan of work
- Possess a good working knowledge of Software including SCIA, Tekla and TEDDS
- Experience of leading a team of engineers and technicians
- Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber
- Experience of refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work
- Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc)
- Hold current UK driving licence.
On offer for the Associate Structural Engineer:
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Excellent work / life balance
- Agile working
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please contact send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)