Salary: £50,000 – £68,000 dependant on experience plus benefits and relocation allowance
Location: Flexible across our office locations
Contract: Full time/ Permanent
Website Align Property Partners
Do you want the best of both worlds? An organisation which provides a stimulating and challenging career with projects right at the cutting edge, coupled with stability? This could be the role for you.
Align Property Partners is wholly owned by North Yorkshire Council and is one of the largest multi disciplinary organisations in the north of England. We provide a huge range of “one stop shop” design, consultancy and engineering solutions to a wide range of clients right across the public and private sector.
As Associate or Principal Structural Engineer you will lead project delivery and oversee schemes working collaboratively with other disciplines to ensure they are cost and time efficient. You will use your significant engineering experience in your day-to-day workload as well as continuing and developing projects, and you will oversee designs from feasibility to completion whilst monitoring resources and finances. You will demonstrate initiative and leadership skills to positively inspire a successful team, as well as good organisational skills to manage your own personal workload, including significant design projects. As a leader you will also be responsible for mentoring and supporting other members of the structures team.
At Align we take pride the quality of the projects we deliver. You will be an integral part of a very busy and professional team who have a record of consistently meeting and exceeding their targets and who have the passion and determination to improve their service continually. This role also offers the opportunity to progress the business with new project and client opportunities.
We operate a hybrid working model which means you can split your week by working flexibly across our office locations (Northallerton, Otley, Durham, Kendal, Cockermouth and Scarborough) and also work from home with the requirement to attend our Northallerton office once a fortnight.
What do we want?
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate the following essential skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 year’s post-qualification experience.
- Ideally be a Chartered member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers or working towards this
- Experience managing project delivery and providing team support within an engineering consultancy
- Skilled in taking a responsible role in coordinating detailed designs and specifications using AutoCAD, Revit, Tedds, Tekla Structural Designer or similar software packages
- Ability to work closely and communicate effectively with clients and external consultants
- Proficient in completing surveys and reports
- Fully competent in the conceptual and detailed design of structural engineering projects, including new build projects, renovations of existing structures and extensive survey schemes with all forms of structural materials
- IT literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of relevant UK standards, Eurocodes, relevant design guidance documentation and Building Regulations
- An understanding and appreciation for resource and financial management
More Information and How to Apply
For more information on this role please see our campaign site here
Align Senior roles engineers – The Resourcing Solution (nyresourcing.co.uk)
For an informal discussion and if you wish to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Leanne Auton on 07815 028 548 or email her at Leanne.Auton@northyorks.gov.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 11 June at midnight
Categorised as: Chartered Structural Engineer / Commercial / Design / Industrial / New-build / Refurbishment / Structural engineer (general)