We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Civil / Structural Engineer to join one of the world’s most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
This role will see the successful candidate working in our clients national Design & Advanced Technology practice, offering the opportunities for collaboration that this brings, but with a specific focus on civil and structural engineering within the Energy and Defence markets and an opportunity to work projects that are of strategic national importance.
The ideal candidate will be a practically minded and delivery focused civil and structural engineer (particularly those with a nuclear sector background and experience in heavy civil engineering structures, external works, water retaining structures, design integration and design management) to provide technical and delivery leadership.
- Lead a team to undertake technical design work following relevant design standards and codes, and to high-quality levels.
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE (or nearly Chartered),
- Experience in design delivery, including multidisciplinary design, experience leading a design team.
- Able to work independently to deliver work, as well as part of a team.
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior – senior) inside and outside the business.
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken, level of responsibility given, and work location.
- Have experience coordinating with other disciplines in multi-discipline projects.
- Produce designs following CDM regulations,
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
The successful Associate Civil / Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)