Conrad Consulting is working with a leading construction, property, residential and services firm who operate globally undertaking significant construction and civil engineering for both temporary and permanent works.
They currently have a requirement in their Norwich office for an infrastructure design engineer at Senior level, who is capable of managing their own workload to successfully deliver goals and achieve objectives.
As a Principal engineer you will regularly meet with clients, attending briefing and site visits, leading the development of fee proposals for review.
Sectors include: Education, health, housing, defence, transport and power amongst others.
Tender and bid winning support including outline design schemes, feasibility studies, production and evaluation of concepts,
- Provide design Management advice and co-ordination to support bid winning and project delivery, including acting as Lead Designer on projects requiring multidisciplinary teams or where Kier are required to take lead designer role,
- Resolution of technical project, construction and design issues, incidents, defects and failures; incident investigation, examining causes of failure, rectification analysis, review, advice and redesign,
- Identify technical risks and solutions to facilitate scoping, pricing, designing and construction,
- Develop and review engineering methods and software, including design or assessment spreadsheets and/or calculation templates.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE, IStructE) or able to demonstrate the required capability to attain such a qualification retrospectively,
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant postgraduate experience,
- Full UK driving licence,
- Valid CSCS card.
They are seeking should have a collaborative and ever-evolving attitude to their role, with a focus on high quality delivery of service. You will understand implications of decisions and look for creative ways to improve your role and performance.
In addition to a competitive salary and attractive benefits package there is also an opportunity for the successful candidate to work from home for 2 days a week.
If you are an enthusiastic engineer with a forward thinking and collaborative approach, get in touch with Graham Ventham today to be considered for this role.