Senior Structural Engineer
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£40,000 to £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
My client is a small, successful and rapidly expanding civil and structural engineering consultancy based in Wakefield, very near junction 41 of the M1 and junction 30 of the M62.
They have continued to grow throughout the recent lockdowns and are now looking to recruit a senior structural engineer ideally with 4 years’ post-graduate experience in a design office, who has achieved or who is working towards Chartered Engineer status within IStructE. or ICE.
You will report to the Directors and work closely with a professional and experienced team of associate engineers, senior engineers, engineers and technicians.
The successful candidate will be a key member of this team and will have a varied workload with a broad spectrum of clients. This will include structural design and some drawing, as well as surveying and dealing directly with clients.
This is a busy consultancy with a wide range of projects on their books and a varied workload and as such they are in an ideal position to progress your career.
- Strong structural design capability.
- Ideally 4 years' design office experience.
- Ideally a degree in structural or civil engineering.
- Willingness to be flexible and undertake all types of structural work.
- Willingness to undertake UK travel to facilitate site meetings and surveys.
- Experience using a range of design software (training will be arranged if/as necessary).
- A good understanding of current structural design codes for steel, concrete and ideally timber and masonry.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ambitious with the drive to progress within the company.
- A full UK driver’s licence (free parking is provided).
This is an excellent opportunity with a successful engineering consultancy and you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including bonus, along with career-propelling responsibilities and projects, ultimately progressing to become an Associate Director with an equity stake in the business.
If you are interested in this role then please email your details to Jeff Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you may call him on 01484 861478 to discuss the role further.