We are working with a long established and hugely successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help find them find an enthusiastic Senior Structural Engineer to join their skilled structures team on a full time permanent basis.
As a Senior Structural Engineer you will assist associates with planning, organising and managing all aspects of Structural engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints. The ideal candidate will therefore have good strategic, planning and management skills and the ability to manage their own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
- Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Represent JNP Group at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Brief and supervise Graduate Engineers.
- Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures.
- A Degree in Civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered or working towards chartered status via MICE advantageous,
- Ability to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber,
- Clear understanding of UK Building Regulations and codes,
- Familiarity with proprietary design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, S-Frame, TEDDS, SCIA and CADS,
- Knowledge of the Site Investigation process.
In return the successful Senior Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package.
If you would like to know more about our client & this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply.