Chartered Structural Engineer
GCA (UK) Ltd are an established Structural, Civil, Highway and Transportation Engineering Consultancy with four thriving offices across the Midlands. Despite the global current economic challenges we are benefitting from a full order book established from a reputation spanning more than 40 years.
As a result, we currently seek an ambitious Chartered Structural Engineer to join our team at offices in either Milton Keynes or Derby to assist with a broad spectrum of projects within the domestic, industrial, commercial and conservation sectors.
The ideal candidate will be in possession of a structural/civil engineering degree (or equivalent) and be a full member of the IStructE (or have the interview and/or exam booked within the next 6 months).
Essential technical knowledge:
- Experience of the structural appraisal process of both commercial structures and domestic housing stock
- Knowledge of regional geographical conditions beneficial
- Design skills to include a wide range of materials
- Proven design knowledge of concrete,masonry and steel
- Follow pre-defined company processes and procedures
- The ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Production and timely distribution of professional reports
- Regular face-to-face site visits (conducted under current legislative guidelines).
- Full UK Driving License and own transport
Desirable technical knowledge:
- Experience of Tekla Tedds is essential
- Detailed design skills on complex engineering projects
- Appropriate knowledge and experience to enable you to lead a team and delegate technical tasks effectively
- Experience with SCIA and IDEA Statica is highly beneficial
- Experience of Tekla Tedds is highly advantageous
- You will ideally possess a minimum of 8 years post graduate experience,
- Structural appraisal experience and varied design experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy
- Provide pivotal support to the current structures team within a thriving Civil and Structural Engineering practice
- Previous experience in the cost-effective and timely production of residential property surveys
- Additional expertise in wider structural surveying
- Expert in the compilation and production of general supporting documentation.
The role is a key part of friendly and cohesive team with opportunities to network both externally and internally. There may be occasional need to working collaboratively with colleagues located at other GCA regional offices
GCA strive to support and encourage individual growth. With regular performance and development reviews you can be assured of continued and regular support with your personal and professional development.
For details of our current vacancies, Civil and Structural, please see our website gca-consulting.com/careers and email your current CV to: email@example.com or contact the HR Manager - Direct Line: 01332 362411