An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious structural engineer to join our growing team. With a passion for detailing and design and a desire for continuous improvement, you will have two years post graduate experience in building structures and ideally some working knowledge of Revit Structure / TEDDS.
In a small business, individuals matter and you can make an impact on the whole business from day one. If you are hardworking and have the right attitude you can progress to a senior position rapidly.
Above everything else we are looking for a structural engineer who is enthusiastic and is keen to progress their career.
Your Duties As A Structural Engineer Will Include:
- Under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, you will be producing structural details and calculations using all common structural materials (steel, timber, concrete and masonry) for a vast variety of building structures.
- Managing smaller projects from feasibility to completion.
- On larger commercial projects you will be working alongside senior engineers whilst also mentoring the junior members of the team.
- Preparing technical sketches to allow Revit technicians to produce structural drawings
- Carrying out dimensional surveys and site visits
- Attending defect surveys with senior engineers, writing up reports
- Monitoring and inspecting works undertaken by contractors
- Representing the business in a professional manner - this will include attendance at meetings
- Delivering projects on time and within the budgets hours allowed; identifying projects where additional hours have been spent
- Responding to incoming queries from Clients and builders
- Organise regular technical meetings in the office
- The Person We Are Looking For;
Key Skills And Qualities:
- You should ideally have a 2.1 or 1st class degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a reputable University and have strong A level grades ideally in Maths and Physics.
- Have a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in building structures
- Knowledge of Eurocodes
- Be a Graduate member of IStructE, willing to work towards Chartered Member status.
- The ability to plan, organise, and manage projects with minimal direction
- Knowledge of British Standards and Eurocodes
- Good attention to detail
- Be a strong communicator capable of explaining engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing
- The right attitude, enthusiasm and drive to succeed
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and promoting solutions
- Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Build relationships with team members and individuals from other organisations
- IT Literate. Some experience using engineering software including TEDDS, Revit and Robot would be an advantage
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Be committed to IPD/CPD and to be proactive in organising training courses and seminars to satisfy this commitment
Salary And Reward Package:
For a small company we really value our team
- Annual Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
- You will be encouraged, and mentored to work towards Chartered Status
- Personal training budget, worth up to £1,000 per year
- Flexible working
- Free parking (practical, but very useful to have free parking right next to the office)
- Life insurance & Pension, “Perkbox” rewards
- Technical meetings - always popular. Help yourself to a selection of sandwiches, cakes and biscuits galore as you learn about new and innovative products on the market over a bite to eat.
Our “social secretary” arranges regular team events throughout the year*
- Annual “Bake off” competition – prize for the winner!
- Coffee and lots of tea, plus the odd bit of cake
- Normally head to the pub for lunch on Friday*
- Christmas event*
To widen your knowledge, we would encourage attendance at the Institution of Structural Engineers Thames Valley Regional group events.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly