Senior Civil Engineer
Are you looking to be inspired by the environment you work in and the projects you work on?
We are working with a client whose vision is to be the world's leading integrated architectural, engineering and design practice and who are committed to delivering world class solutions which enhance the communities they serve. They have asked us to help them look for a passionate and dedicated Senior Civil Engineer to join their infrastructure team in London on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work on infrastructure designs and in particular below ground drainage associated with a prominent historic building and sustainable drainage, flood resilience and climate change will form an integral part of the project.
- Managing the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage;
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications;
- Ability to plan project resources and monitor job financial performances;
- Applying rigorous QA procedures throughout the design in accordance with the company policies;
- Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations;
- Mentoring and development of graduate and junior team members;
- Development of strong client relationships;
- Developing good relationships with professions across BDP and external design consultants.
- A degree in Civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered engineer,
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant post qualification experience (MICE),
- Demonstrable knowledge of varied infrastructure design skills (drainage and public realm).
- Excellent technical aptitude is essential, experience of working within a BIM environment and on site is desirable.
- A diverse and in depth knowledge of sustainable drainage design which should be supplemented with use of various civil engineering software.
- Experience of drainage and pavement design associated with buildings and public realm projects,
- Experience of undertaking designs for section 278 and 104 agreements, flood management and reducing flood risk, flow path analysis, ground modelling & Masterplanning,
- Good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards,
- Strong practical knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and used Civil 3D for ground modelling, road and drainage design.
You will also have You have proven experience in a similar leading design consultancy where you will have successfully led small teams to deliver multiple projects.
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft teams however, once employees return to their offices in Central London you will be able to join the team there.
If you would like to know more about our client & this opportunity, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly