Chartered Structural Engineer
Residential Design Solutions Ltd is hiring CHARTERED structural engineers to join its team in Kensington W14.
The office environment has an open, fast-paced, friendly, and multicultural environment: we promote equality and sharing knowledge providing continuous improvement.
The role will involve working on and leading various high-end residential, commercial and new developments. Ideal candidate would carry out structural engineering tasks of our day-to-day projects as well as providing technical advice. Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects/architectural designers. Occasional site visit may be required for monitoring and inspecting the works carried out on site.
Who we're looking for:
- Managing drawing revisions
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Task management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence, financial awareness and the ability to strike a balance between internal and external resources.
- Working with a small team of Architects/Architectural Designers, reviewing, and commenting on the deliverables produced at key stages through a project.
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups and team meetings and set an example to all staff by demonstrating compliance with the company’s procedures and policies and operate within the company controls.
Key competencies required include:
- Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE
- Have a commercial and residential understanding of an engineering consultancy.
- Proven UK design experience utilising British Standards.
- Must hold a UK full drivers’ licence.
- analyse configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- calculate the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes.
- consider the strength of various materials, e.g., timber, concrete, steel, and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
- liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction.
- examine structures at risk of collapse and advise how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure.
- make drawings, specifications, and computer models of structures for building contractors.
- work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in situ tests.
- liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound.
- apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures.
- use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- good analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong mathematical ability
- computer literacy
- a grasp of physics
- three-dimensional conceptual skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- diagrammatic skills
- the ability to teamwork
- attention to detail.
- the ability to liaise well with professionals from other disciplines.
- an interest in the design and structure of buildings.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit desirable
Must be registered with one of these:
- A.M.I Struct E
- M.I. Struct E
- F.I Struct E
- M.C.A.B.E. or F.C.A.B.E.
Due to the fast growth of the business, serious career progression opportunities are available for the suitable candidate.
Recruitment agencies will not be considered.
More searches like this
- Domestic Structural Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- New-build Structural Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Structural Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Structural analysis / Inspection Structural Engineer jobs in London (Central)
- Structural engineer (general) Structural Engineer jobs in London (Central)