Principal Structural Engineer
FM Conway is looking to recruit a Principal Structural Engineer to join the Consultancy department based in Sevenoaks. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package!
The Principal Structural Engineer role:
The purpose of your role is to lead the development and delivery of excellent design services throughout all stages of project development. You will be responsible for providing technical direction to other design engineers and/or technicians.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a team to deliver consultancy structural engineering services through a range of technical disciplines for varied projects and clients
- Thorough understanding of the DMRB, EN Eurocodes and national guidance to ensure all designs and deviations meet best practice, appropriate, regulations and company policies
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments and seek opportunities to develop professional profile such as giving presentations to relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies and participation in technical committees for trade organisations and standards
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions
Skills and experience required to be our Principal Structural Engineer:
- Significant experience of structural and highway engineering and urban design within a consultancy environment
- Familiar with local government and private sector clients
- Recognised leader in specialist discipline with well-established industry networks
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and a chartered Member of ICE or ISTRuctE
- Experience of growing, mentoring and leading teams
- Significant experience of highway engineering and urban design within a contractor environment
- Site management
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3
Benefits of becoming our Principal Structural Engineer:
In return for your commitment FM Conway will offer you a competitive salary with a wide range of benefits such as a car allowance, company pension, holiday entitlement that exceeds statutory limits, discretionary company bonus, healthcare, free parking and career & professional development. Based in our beautiful, modern offices in Sevenoaks you will also be entitled to an onsite restaurant plus free 24-hour use of a gym.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career so if you would like to join the team as our Principal Structural Engineer then please click apply today, we’d love to hear from you!