Principal Structural Engineer
Experienced Structural Engineer sought for career-enhancing opportunity to grow alongside a dynamic boutique consultancy.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join their growing design office located close to Esher in Surrey. This opportunity would suit a Structural Engineer who is ready to step up into a Senior role within the business, whilst still being technical with a hands-on approach to design solutions.
You may have a large consultancy background and a certain impression of how an Associate operates. This is a chance to carve out your own legacy and put a real personal stamp on the role. Be the Principal Engineer that you believe the company deserves, whilst building on your existing knowledge of Structural Engineering.
This practice has a particularly strong reputation in the residential and commercial markets but is also successful within other sectors, such as temporary works, basements and leisure facilities to name but a few.
The company can certainly be described as boutique and naturally offer a relaxed working environment free from corporate characteristics. The most important asset of this growing practice is its staff and there is a great deal of investment in making sure that people are happy to go to work and importantly develop their skills whilst doing so. They also operate a profit share scheme, which offers a great incentive to be part of the company's success, whilst at the same time being rewarded.
Responsibilities of the Principal Structural Engineer:
* Preparation of free proposals
* Being an integral part of the Structural design process
* Training and development of junior staff
* Representing the company at design meetings and events
* Developing the business
Requirements of the Principal Structural Engineer:
* Conversant in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
* Competent in the use of structural design and analysis software
* Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
* Must have an extensive range of buildings structures design experience
* Ability to train and mentor junior structural engineers where appropriate
* Confident client-facing with strong communication skills
* It is expected you are Chartered Structural Engineer (MICE or MIStructE)
On offer for the Principal Structural Engineer:
The starting salary for this position ranges from £45,000 to £55,000 commensurate with experience as well as a generous profit share scheme, so get in touch with Darryl Yates today on 01728 726136 to discuss this unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious and well-established practice.