Senior Civil Engineer
£55k – £60k per annum DOE plus benefits (including Car)
We are working with an award-winning independent multidisciplinary consultancy with an excellent reputation for providing a high-quality & client-focused service. They currently have an opening for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their skilled team and play a leading role on a full time permanent basis. This opening is in their London office however, our client has multiple offices throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Engineer with experience of working on a variety of medium-size projects and possibly managing small packages on large projects. You’ll be working as part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high quality output on projects. Client care and repeat business is crucial this company’s success and therefore you will need to be able to develop and nurture relationships with our clients (both internal and external).
- Provide engineering services design and consultancy work on behalf of the company under the direction of the line manager or project lead,
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief,
- Check calculations and detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements,
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions,
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required,
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers calculations and drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or equivalent),
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects,
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex ideas simply,
- Considerable civil engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience,
- Proficient in the design of below ground foul and surface water drainage using Microdrainagesoftware,
- Fully conversant with the basics of CIRIA 753 (The SUDS Manual), Sewers for Adoption and other relevant British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils design and specification.
On offer for the Senior Civil Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Company car or cash allowance,
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan,
- Life assurance scheme,
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave,
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc),
- Agile working,
- Professional development.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham.
Categorised as: Civil Engineer