Senior Structural Engineer
£50,000 – £55,000 Plus Benefits
Cambridge, Hybrid working
Our client is looking for a Talented and highly motivated senior structural engineer to join their Cambridge Based team. You will become an integral part of a progressive team with responsibility for producing structural engineering designs across a range of project types and sizes.
You will be joining a talented and friendly structural engineering team with a strong design culture within a multidisciplinary Cambridge office where you will find supportive mentors and a lively social scene. The team provide structural engineering services across a range of exciting and challenging project types and sizes with a variety of clients in the UK.
Working with architects and in multidisciplinary teams, pride is taken in leading skills in developing concepts through to detailed design using sketches, digital tools, scripting, BIM and analytical methods. Through project work, collaboration and training we develop well rounded professionals into team members and leaders with strong technical and commercial abilities.
Working in a wide variety of sectors including commercial, transport infrastructure, residential, defence and healthcare, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team, and lead a variety of challenging building projects, from concept through to detailed design and on site.
As a Senior Structural Engineer in our Building Structures team, you will be involved in:
- Using analytical and design software and model in 3D adopting BIM principles
- Developing scripts and use of parametric tools for optimisation and efficiency
- Undertaking detail design calculations and plan, manage and supervise technicians in the production of Revit models and technical drawing deliverables
- Representing the company at internal and external design team meetings, effectively communicating design processes and decisions
- Visiting sites to carry out structural inspections
- Supporting project leads in the management of projects with input into planning, costing and programmes and keeping them informed on progress, opportunities, and risks
- Working with and mentoring graduates and junior members of staff to develop their skills and abilities, as well as engaging proactively with colleagues to develop a strong team culture
- A background of experience in structural engineering of buildings, preferably across all stages of design through to construction
- Chartered engineer and Member of a relevant Institution (ICE / IStructE (preferred))
- An interest in architecture and the built environment and its benefit to society
- Skilled in analytical/design software
- Have a working knowledge and experience of building design using Eurocodes and relevant standards
- A clear understanding of relevant UK health and safety legislation and good practice, including roles and responsibilities under CDM Regulations 2015
- Ability to contribute to and coordinate production of high-quality engineering deliverables, such as option appraisals, drawings, calculations, reports, specifications and construction documents, with attention to detail
- Commercial and contractual awareness and experience of managing scope and budgets
- Experience of and skills in leading small teams of engineers and technicians on design tasks, packages and projects, with the ability to communicate effectively
If you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role, please apply by sending your up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.
Categorised as: Structural engineer (general)