NBS is a global leading technology platform that combines the best content and connectivity for anyone involved in the design, supply and construction of the built environment.
We’re looking for suitably qualified construction industry professionals to join our existing team of Technical Authors. In particular, we are looking for people who have experience in the area of Structural Engineering.
As a Technical Author, you will use your industry experience and knowledge to review, research, develop and author structural engineering content and guidance for NBS specification tools, including our market-leading NBS Chorus platform, working collaboratively with other teams within NBS. You will manage content sets to ensure currency to industry standards and developments in technology, as well as to support the overall development of content to support and align with Uniclass 2015.
Some key responsibilities of being a Technical Author at NBS:
- Review existing authored specification content, and update or restructure content to ensure that it reflects changes in standards, building codes, industry practice, and technologies.
- Ensure feedback from customers is considered and assessed to support or influence the changes and development to specification content.
- Work with the wider business and product management teams to ensure customer engagement in large-scale changes or developments to specification content.
- Research technical issues and developments, liaising as necessary with standards, regulations, and other publishers, professional associations, research organizations, trade organizations, manufacturers, consultants, and subscribers.
- Using digital tools to plan and forecast content updates.
- Ensure content updates and development are meeting technical team KPIs.
- Work with members of the Technical Team to integrate and coordinate technical specifications and manufacturer materials
Technical Job Skills / Experience
- Degree in a construction-related discipline - (structural engineering) Comprehensive construction project experience
- Experience in writing construction industry documentation
- Knowledge and experience in writing and managing project specifications
- Understanding of prescriptive and performance specifications for a variety of project types.
- Knowledge in the structure and organization of technical data and its application.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry Standards and Building regulations
- Knowledge and experience of BIM in practice
- Precise, comprehensive, and technically accurate written and verbal communication skills.
If you want to become part of our team of experts and share your skills and knowledge in leading best practice within the construction industry, we want to hear from you.
For a full job description or to find out more about this role, or have an informal discussion with a member of our Technical Authoring team, please get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org