This role could be based in our Burton, Leatherhead, Bristol, Warrington or Glasgow offices
For the Leatherhead office, the role will be based in our Dorking office until July 2022
Closing date for this role is 31st May but we would encourage early applications
Salary up to £57,500 pa depending on experience
This is an opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging, civil/structural integrity projects and be exposed to and have opportunity to participate in leading UK nuclear energy and asset projects. We have leading positions on a number of key projects leading to zero carbon generation in the UK.
The Built Environment Group operates within highly regulated industries and works to assure the safety of structures and assets subject to conventional and extreme hazards with a particular focus on the interface between mechanical and civil assets. Our integrated team establishes load conditions, structural response, design solutions, testing programmes, design substantiation, asset management, life extension and assurance.
You will be joining the Group as a pivotal team member who will be responsible for project technical leadership, solution generation and project stakeholder management. You will apply your diverse experience in highly regulated industries with excellent fundamental knowledge of Civil/Structural engineering that will be applied to complex engineering challenges.
The Built Environment Group sits within the Asset Integrity Engineering Area and specialises in the interface between mechanical and civil assets. Asset Integrity is a multidisciplinary Engineering Area which supports our clients to understand the life, degradation, integrity and performance of components, systems and facilities from concept through to decommissioning and all stages between. We operate in multiple sectors including Energy (conventional and nuclear energy generation, renewable and Oil & Gas), Transport (rail, maritime, aerospace, automotive), Industry (process and manufacturing) and Defence.
Asset Integrity has a breadth of capability utilising testing, trials , condition monitoring, design, research and advanced engineering analysis. Your colleagues will have a wide range of backgrounds from fundamental materials science, strength of material research, stress engineering, testing and measurement, field-based work and plant/facilities management and operation.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- You will have an Honours degree, masters or PhD in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Chartered with the Institute of Civil Engineers or Institute of Structural Engineers (or demonstrating considerable years experience). -Experience in a highly regulated industry Nuclear, Defence or Petrochemical. -
- Experience of design and assessment to Eurocodes or other recognised civil/structural design standards.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience in development of requirements and the authoring of design substantiation reports -
- Experience in earthquake engineering and seismic qualification
- Experience in safety case development or nuclear safety legislation, regulation and policy. -
- Programming or software experience (Python, Matlab, ABAQUS, ANSYS, STAAD.Pro). -An aptitude for, or experience, building client relationships and generating business.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary: [£42,500 - £57,500]
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan