£35,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
Due to continued growth, my client are seeking a talented and highly motivated Civil Engineer to join their busy team within their Winchester office.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of working on a project from the initial design/pre-planning stage through to the production of as-built drawings. You will be following a wide range of disciplines in property and construction, all under the direction of the Discipline Partner.
Our client has particular expertise in highways design for roads, pavements, bridges, Section 278 Agreements and in earthworks engineering, cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations, sewerage and external works.
- Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Prepare client / project proposals
- Oversee the delivery of projects
- Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and Drainage strategies
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Produce highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
- Produce civil engineering drawings and layout and/or supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians
- Provide day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
- Begin to run small jobs autonomously
- Procure project resources
- Construct project teams from internal and external resources.
- Support senior civil engineering staff with design
- A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)
- Evidence experience of working in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
- Pre-Planning experience for flood risk and/or masterplanning support [desirable]
- Possess a good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc)
- An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2
- Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs
- Be a competent user of Windes Microdrainage, AutoCAD
- Fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experience
- Be able to work flexibly to meet project deliverables, demonstrate efficient working under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable firm who currently hold some of the most notable design projects. To apply, please send your up to date CV to Jamie Creed at Conrad Consulting