Senior Highways Engineer
£50**k - £55**k per annum + Benefits
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for a Senior Highways Engineer to join the civil engineering team in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
You will join a team who work on major prestigious projects and this opportunity will therefore enable you to advance your career whilst achieving personal growth and development.
- Promotion of the company to existing and prospective clients,
- Assist Director and Associate Director in establishing new business with new and existing clients,
- Collection, preparation, and compilation of bids and fee proposals,
- Assist Associate Director in compilation of Civil monthly results reports to include invoicing, fee forecasts,
- Allocation of civil staff resources to projects,
- Training and direction of Civil staff,
- Mentoring junior colleagues within the Civil team,
- Implementing company policy,
- Implementing marketing strategy in association with the Associate Director/ Director - Business Development,
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team's compliance,
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, CEng MICE or near Chartered,
- A minimum of 8 years' industry experience,
- In depth understanding of geometric highway design and design standards,
- Experience of DMRB, Highway Drainage, Earthworks Design and Utilities Design,
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration,
- Good project management skills and financial management.
If you aspire to join a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors then this could be the role for you. There is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
To apply for this Senior Highways Engineer vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.