Our client is a busy multi-disciplinary engineering practice based in Welwyn Garden City and they have a unique opportunity for an apprentice Civil Engineer to join them on a full time permanent basis.
The main focus of the role is to plan, design and manage civil design projects under the guidance and supervision of senior structural and civil engineering colleagues. This would be the perfect opportunity for a school leaver.
- Undertake civil engineering design under guidance of Senior Engineers,
- Assist / Undertake engineering calculations by hand and using software,
- Assist / Prepare building regulations and undertaker submissions,
- Assist / Prepare technical reports,
- Assist /Assess environmental impact and risks,
- Create engineering drawings and models using CAD packages,
- Liaise with Architects and other professional staff as directed in developing designs.
- GSCEs in at least four subjects at Grade B or above including English and Maths,
- At least 3 A Levels (Maths and Physics preferable) or BTECs worth at least 96 UCAS points,
- A passion for Civil Engineering,
- Excellent time management,
- A motivation to succeed.
Opportunities like this do not become available very often and If you are interested in applying please do not hesitate to send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.