We are working with a reputable civil engineering consultancy that, although small in size, are both modern and forward thinking in their approach. They are involved with the design of a range of civil engineering infrastructure projects and due to an exciting period of growth they have a vacancy for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Cambridge on a full-time permanent basis.
Work will range from highways and drainage, undertaking pre-planning reports such as flood risk assessments to detailed design of highway and drainage networks.
- Preparation of surface water and SuDS Drainage Strategy reports to support planning applications,
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments,
- Preparation of compliant Private and Adoptable (S104) drainage designs,
- implementation and design for new developments using SuDS,
- Preparation of compliant Private and Adoptable (S38/S278) highway designs,
- Negotiation with relevant third-party stakeholders typically related to obtaining drainage and highway consents and approvals (such as 104/106/ S38/S278 agreements).
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent,
- A minimum of 5 years' within a UK consultancy undertaking highway and drainage design,
- Competent and highly efficient in the use of AutoCAD,
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Site 3D / Causeway Flow experience would be advantageous,
- A member of the Institute of Civil Engineers would be advantageous,
- A valid UK driving licence.
On offer for the Senior Civil Engineer:
- Salary up to £55k per annum,
- 25 days paid annual leave plus public bank holidays,
- Flexible working hours to the right candidate,
- One-to-one mentoring from a chartered civil engineering,
- Training and social funding available.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to check their own work at times and take the lead on planning reports such as Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, working closely with clients to ensure projects are delivered to their expectations in terms of quality time and budget.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.