Do you consider yourself an excellent new business developer with good local contacts within the Oxfordshire area? Are you an experienced Associate Director who has led and successfully delivered buildings structures projects?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions then we would like to hear from you!
We are working with an established and reputable engineering consultancy who have a requirement for an ambitious, dynamic individual to help lead their buildings structures team at their offices near Oxford.
As an Associate Director you will adopt a professional approach and possess strong business acumen, with excellent client relationship skills and the ability to retain and win new business. You will also have experience of heading a team with responsibility for their resourcing, mentoring and ongoing training.
- Responsible to the Company Directors for the financial, technical and project management control of structural engineering aspects of projects.
- Lead and develop project teams, supervising and training engineers and technicians,
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients, architects, subcontractors and other professionals
- Support teams to undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications,
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others
- Promote design approaches that enhance the sustainability and minimise environmental impact of projects.
- Ensure project designs comply with all relevant statutory requirements to deliver best practice.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Structural Engineer
- A minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience in structural engineering design
- Active client portfolio Strong business acumen with the ability to develop new and existing client relationships as well as win new business,
- A sound understanding of the finances of a structural engineering department,
- Good relationship builder,
- A proven track record of successfully delivery projects and client satisfaction,
- A good understanding of the UK construction market,
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate individuals,
- The ability to think strategically and to solve technical problems,
- Proficient in the use of design tools such as Tedds, Tekla, Revit, Masterseries.
The successful Associate Director will be rewarded with a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about our client & this Associate Director Structural Engineer vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply.