We are pleased to be working with a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy that offers a wide range of architectural, planning and design services to help them find a motivated and talented Senior Design Engineer to join the infrastructure team in their Colchester office.
They pride themselves on a collaborative approach, passion for the industry and wealth of experience which ensures that they consistently deliver the best possible design solutions for both private and commercial clients across both the private and public sectors and ranging from small residential developments to large-scale urban design.
The ideal candidate will work as part of a team to support the business with specialist knowledge in development infrastructure and be responsible for overseeing the projects from conception through to construction. The Design Engineer will work very closely with the Technical Director and will together oversee the civil and infrastructure designs of all projects.
- Lead on the preparation of technical due diligence reports for prospective sites,
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments with statutory undertakers,
- Undertake Flood Risk Assessments when required,
- Undertake Road and Sewer designs for new estate roads and associated infrastructure,
- Undertake Drainage, Foundation and Levels appraisals to support land bids, planning applications and construction stage works,
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications,
- Assist in securing S38, S104, S185 & S278 legal agreements to suit a development programme,
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components,
- Verifying design calculations and drawings undertaking by other engineers and technicians,
- Prepare Groundwork pack designs for tender and construction issue,
- Liaise with SPDS's Architectural & Planning departments as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions,
- Support Site Engineers and Site Managers by responding to site technical.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- 5+ years post qualification experience within a design practice,
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil, Infrastructure or Structural Consulting Engineers or a house building developer,
- Up to date knowledge of current UK Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations, and Health and Safety,
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civils 3d or equivalent,
- Proficient in MicroDrainage or equivalent,
- Proved track record of civil, highway and infrastructure design.
On offer for the Senior Design Engineer:
- Generous pension scheme - 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance scheme - 4 x annual salary
- Bike to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave and 8 public holidays
- Full IT provision
- Opportunity to continue professional development
- Volunteering days.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about the client & position available, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.