We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil / Bridges Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Infrastructure Division in their Croydon office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the Civil Engineer will support their increasing workload. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
The successful candidates will support our team working on a number of exciting, high-profile multi-disciplinary projects and frameworks in the local teams and the wider UK, including major highways improvement schemes, local authority schemes and the Highways England Eastern Region contract.
- Delivering a variety of civil and structural design packages and projects for new highway schemes,
- Maintenance and assessment works.
- The management of both individual design packages and entire projects,
- Supporting project resourcing and financial control to ensure schemes are delivered profitably, to programme and in accordance with the company quality assurance systems.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE),
- Experience of working with key clients such as Highways England, Local Authorities and/or major Contractors,
- Ability to lead and support bids and tenders,
- Sufficient experience to undertake technical reviews of designs,
- A good understanding of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB, TSRGD, MCHW, Eurocodes and those of Highways England and Manual for Streets),
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables, delivering within set time,
- Excellent project management skills, commercial awareness, financial control and ability to deliver across a range of contract types. This will include an ability to manage stakeholders, e.g. specialist suppliers, independent checkers and local authorities,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines,
- Experience of work winning and developing client relationships,
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The successful Senior Civil / Bridge Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.