At Acies (part of RSK) we take great pride in everything we do, which is reflected in our reputation for excellence across our wide range of services.
Established as an independent consultancy in 2003, Acies’ has over 30 years experience in commercial property across all sectors. The majority of our work comes from repeat business or word of mouth recommendation from satisfied clients – institutional and blue chip organisations, developers, contractors and a variety of household names. In 2017 we became part of RSK Group, for more information on the wide range of services offered by RSK, please see the main website www.rsk.co.uk.
Acies undertakes the civil and structural design of buildings projects up to construction values of around £20m. A lot of our projects are alterations to existing, and often historic buildings. We also undertake new build projects and the associated civils works associated with buildings developments. We work across the whole of the UK.
Graduate Civil and Structural Engineer – Edinburgh
- Civil and Structural Engineering design for a variety of commercial building projects, of both new build and renovation/alteration projects.
- Use of design software packages including:
- Tekla Structural Designer
- Tekla Fastrack Suite
- AutoCAD LT
- Attendance at Design Team and Client meetings
- Visits to site for inspections and surveys
- In addition to your normal duties, you may occasionally be required to undertake additional work necessary to meet the needs of the business, without additional remuneration.
- BEng or MEng in civil and/or structural engineering
- Approximately 2 years post-graduate experience – preferably in consultancy, working on commercial building structures projects.
- Civil Engineering/Drainage design experience an advantage
- Aiming to become a Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Candidates must be willing to spend time on site and occasional stays away from home.
- Full UK driving licence.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the ‘Decade of Action’, saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.