Are you an experienced and dynamic Principal Infrastructure Engineer looking for a step up and a new challenge? Would you value the opportunity to work on a strong pipeline of infrastructure projects? If so, then we have the perfect role for you!
Our client is an international consultancy who offer a range of services including civil & structural engineering, architecture, building services, transport planning and more. They currently have a vacancy for a Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join the Civil Engineering team in their Hemel Hempstead office on a full-time permanent basis.. The ability to develop and build on existing client contacts to successfully bring in new work streams would be ideal for this role as it is the intention for this to progress to an Associate role for the right candidate.
- Undertake detailed design of all civil engineering elements on residential, commercial and retail development schemes,
- Ensure that the designs are fully value engineered, suitable for adoption and to the clients brief and expectations,
- Responsibility for financial aspects of the various schemes including producing fee proposals, negotiating fee agreements, monitoring costs, revenue and profit etc,
- Assist with leading and developing a team of engineers,
- Development of new work streams particularly in the residential sector,
- Able to build and develop good client relationships.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent),
- Chartered with ICE, IStructE or equivalent,
- Proven track record in delivering quality Civil Engineering solutions and designs for infrastructure, highways and particularly residential, commercial and retail development projects,
- Possession of relevant knowledge and experience of residential, commercial and retail schemes, and have very good client contacts throughout the UK,
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, Windes and PDS or XP Site 3D,
- Between 7 to 10 years' experience in the design of Civils designs for residential developments,
- Excellent Engineering Technical knowledge as well as excellent analytical skills,
- Extensive knowledge of DMRB standards, and highway and drainage agreement processes with highway and sewerage authorities.
The successful Principal Infrastructure Engineer will be offered a competitive salary & excellent benefits package, along with exposure to a diverse range of civil engineering projects that will allow you to develop your career within a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to know more about our client, please apply by sending an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.