Have you decided that now is the time to make the career move you have been planning? Would you like to join a well respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who can offer you the role and progression you deserve?
If yes, then read on!
We are working with a specialist engineering firm who are currently seeking a Senior Flood Risk/Hydrology Consultant to join the team in their Milton Keynes office and work alongside the well established water team to assist with the recent increase in workload. If you have a minimum of 4 years' civil engineering experience in this sector then we would like to hear from you.
- Leading the provision of Flood Risk Assessments, Foul & Surface Water Drainage Strategies and Water Resources ES chapters to support a variety of planning applications;
- Acting as Project Manager to Successfully deliver technical workstages and their associated deliverables, and supporting Project Managers who are coordinating larger schemes;
- Identifying and developing complex drainage design solutions and flood resilience/resistance strategies;
- Attending sites to carry out and/or assist with surveys
- Demonstrating consistently high levels of client care;
- Demonstrating good communication skills internally with project teams and externally to clients;
- Attending or leading meetings with clients or third parties in relation to project matters;
- Experience in 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling is beneficial but not essential.
- Relevant degree (BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng etc.) or equivalent,
- Actively working towards a professional qualification via a recognised professional training scheme (CIWEM, ICE etc.),
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant experience,
- Working knowledge of industry standards appropriate to team discipline,
- Computer literate to intermediate level with Microsoft Office Suite and relevant technical software,
- Good report/letter writing skills.
- Ability to communicate instructions clearly to other team members.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Flood Risk Engineer who wishes to take that important next career step into a senior managerial position where you will be heading up your own team with support from the Associate Director and Director.
The Senior Flood Risk/Hydrology Consultant will receive a competitive salary & generous benefits package and an added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Graham Ventham for more details.