Solar Structural Engineer
Do you want to own it like we do - your job, your career, your own part of our business?
At Gripple Ltd, national winner of the Make UK Manufacturing Awards ‘Developing Future Talent’ and ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ awards 2020, we design, manufacture and sell innovative, patented products into the construction and agriculture markets. However, as an employee-owned company, our people are front and centre.
Interested? Intrigued? Read on for more about this new opportunity in the Gripple product marketing team…
Who are Gripple and what makes us different?
With currently over 800 employees and around 50% of those based overseas, we manufacture patented, time-saving products into the construction and agriculture markets.
We believe our values and our unique culture – the 'Gripple spirit' – set us apart. We recruit committed and hard-working people who share our values and our passion, are invested in our clear purpose and vision for the future and we make sure we look after those people.
What is the role?
Reporting to the head of outdoor products and working closely with the global sales and business development teams, the role will involve leading technical projects to integrate Gripple systems into solar systems in an exciting and ever-developing market.
- To become the authority on Gripple solar products, their markets and applications, helping to support accurate and desirable specification for all parties
- Forming strategic relationships with key contacts and counterparts within Gripple’s customer base
- Providing high level technical advice and assistance to customers, the immediate team and other areas of the business
- Managing the commercialisation and process implementation of the technical specifications, helping to drive and deliver technical marketing such as presentations and white papers
- Arranging requisite testing through third parties
- Representing Gripple within relevant technical industry forums
- Making key decisions relating to the usage and specification of Gripple products on behalf of customers
- Working with customers to specify and ‘engineer-in’ Gripple products into solar structures, delivering a project-specific engineering service
- Continuously gathering market intelligence to understand shifts in customer behaviours to ensure Gripple is at the forefront of the market
- Aiding in the development of innovative new products/solutions
- Global travel, incl. working closely with key regional sales/technical teams and external partners to develop the growth of the portfolio, will be required
What we offer
We recognise every individual as a unique person with their own special contribution to make. We therefore work hard to make sure our people are happy and healthy, with a good work/life balance, and generously rewarded for their time, energy and commitment. We therefore offer:
- shares in the business
- excellent initial and ongoing training and support and global opportunities to develop
- flexible working hours
- generous holiday entitlement
- life assurance
- private individual health care
- permanent health insurance scheme
- Paycare health plan
- non-contributory 15% pension scheme
- salary sacrifice schemes
- enhanced family policy
- gym membership (after completion of probationary period)
Who you are
To be considered for an interview, you must have a structural/civil engineering background with strong academic qualifications (degree level or equivalent) and ideally have experience of working in the solar industry (desirable). You should also be able to offer the following:
- Proficiency in CAD 2D/3D (AutoCAD)
- Ability to understand and implement relevant standards/codes/norms, e.g. Eurocodes
- Proactive approach, critical thinking and ability to identify and solve problems quickly, often under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with structural engineering software (SCIA or equivalent)
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills
- Proactive, capable and experienced networker, both internally and externally
- Comfortable on site and participating in site demonstrations, walkovers and troubleshooting
- Comfortable working across different cultures, understanding local methods and applying them to solve problems
- Comfortable delivering engineering presentations such as CPDs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The right to live and work in the UK with a valid passport to enable world-wide travel & full driving licence
Deadline for applications: Monday 30th November 2021
A polite note for recruitment agencies: We do not accept applicants from recruitment agencies. If we do need support, we will be in touch!