Are you an experienced Principal / Associate Civil Engineer looking for a step up and a new challenge? Would you value the opportunity to grow and develop a team? If so then we have the perfect role for you!
Our client is an international consultancy who offer a range of services including civil & structural engineering, architecture, building services, transport planning and more. They currently have a vacancy for an Associate Civil Engineer to join the team in their Milton Keynes office on a full-time permanent basis to work on a range of building related projects.
The successful candidate will be working with a leading team in delivering projects and solutions using expertise in the design of all civil engineering elements of residential, commercial and retail schemes.
- Undertaking detailed design of all civil engineering elements on residential, commercial and retail development schemes and ensure those designs are fully value engineered, suitable for adoption and most importantly to the clients brief and expectations,
- Taking responsibility for financial aspects of the various schemes including producing fee proposals, negotiating fee agreements, monitoring costs, revenue and profit etc,
- Assisting with leading and developing a team of engineers within the engineering department,
- Development of new work streams particularly in the residential sector in the south and south west,
- Building and developing good client relationships.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent),
- Preferably be Chartered with ICE, IStructE or equivalent,
- A minimum of 7 years' experience within a UK-based consultancy,
- Experienced in the design of foundations, masonry, concrete including detailing, steel and timber structures to eurocodes,
- Experience in the residential market including traditional construction as well as framed structures,
- Market commercial awareness with knowledge in financial management of projects, development of clients and ability to assist in the project appointment process,
- Preferably experienced in structural investigations of low-rise residential properties, medium rise residential and commercial markets,
- Tekla software (Tekla designer and Tedds) and familiar with Autocad/Revit,
- Strong leadership skills to establish authority and influence both internally and externally to the company,
- Previous Management experience would be advantageous,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Analytical capability with strong attention to detail.
The successful Associate Civil Engineer will be offered a competitive salary & excellent benefits package, along with exposure to a diverse range of engineering projects that will allow you to learn valuable new skills & develop your career within a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to know more about our client, please apply by sending an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.