We would like to hear from experienced West Midlands- or Oxfordshire-based structural engineers or civil engineers interested in joining our well-established, independent and growing firm of property professionals.
You will be carrying out structural defect surveys, structural calculations and designs across a wide range of residential projects, with opportunities to get involved in commercial work if desired. You will have the option to work closely with clients and get involved with sourcing new business, with potential for mentoring and developing a team. In addition, as a key member of our nationwide practice of structural engineers and chartered surveyors, you will be providing technical advice and support on building surveys and specific defect reports.
Working with a multi-disciplined team, you will have support from people with a wide range of experience and expertise, to help you deliver the best quality work. This provides an opportunity to facilitate your own career progression by learning from different specialisms.
We are an independent company, which means we have the flexibility to design a package to meet your needs. Whether you want flexible working, or the chance to try something different, we can make it work.
The role is home-based and the patch could include Birmingham, Warwickshire or Oxfordshire – the exact patch will be tailored to the candidate’s home location.
We are looking for someone with the experience needed to work independently to a high standard, with demonstrable experience over a number of years in delivering structural designs and preparing defect reports for all types of residential properties.
You need to have a recognised engineering degree and preferably be a Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer. You will be either a Member or Associate Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers or the Institution of Civil Engineers.
You need to be confident and competent in computer analysis and structural design and able manage projects independently. Furthermore, you must have a thorough understanding of how the structure and fabric of buildings are put together, what can go wrong and how they can be affected by previous alterations and change of use.
You will have experience of:
- a wide range of structural and building defects
- for example: subsidence investigations, checking integrity of building works, assessing non-standard constructions, beam calculations, and structural calculations for solar panels
- preparing and presenting technically robust reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- experience with Tekla Tedds or similar software
- experience of AutoCAD would be an advantage
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
What we offer
- Salary of approx. £40–50K, depending on experience
- An excellent performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- 25+ days annual leave plus bank holidays
- car allowance
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all engineering and home office equipment
- pension contribution
- enhanced parental leave