Woolgar Hunter are a design led boutique Structural and Civil Engineering consultancy delivering projects across the UK. The Head Office of 50+ staff is based in Glasgow, with a busy growing design studio in Manchester.
Our Manchester team continues to expand and work on exciting design-led projects ranging from large zero carbon offices with green facades, redevelopment of regionally important historic buildings, innovative forms of construction and digital fabrication such as graphene enhanced concrete, sculptural buildings including ‘Mach 1’ formed with shipping containers by David Mach, through to 5.3m tall timber Christmas trees.
As part of the continued success of Woolgar Hunter we are looking to appoint a passionate, talented, and enthusiastic Project Director in our Manchester design studio located on King Street in the city centre.
The successful candidate will have a broad range of engineering design experience and be confident in managing multiple projects, managing junior staff and dealing with a broad spectrum of clients. They will embrace a ‘can do’ attitude to project delivery. Ideal candidates will be technically passionate and comfortable engaging with critique reviews across all Woolgar Hunter projects and be a part of an enthusiastic and active team who are driven by quality design, material and carbon efficiency, and creating buildable and affordable designs across our portfolio of projects in all our offices.
In return, we provide a broad range of project types and scales within a friendly studio environment that is both creative, passionate, practical, and design focused in its approach. The role will report directly to Dr Neil Currie, Manchester office director, and work closely with a professional and experienced team of senior engineers, engineers and technicians both in Manchester and in Glasgow. There is a good deal of interaction between the two offices to provide mutual support. The successful candidate will be a lynchpin within the Manchester team.
The anticipated requirement is a follows;
- Chartered Engineer
- Demonstrate strong technical abilities
- Demonstrate strong management capabilities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
The anticipated input is as follows;
- Successfully Lead Multiple Projects and Teams
- Manage client expectation on multiple projects simultaneously
- Review and maintain contractual position on projects
- Be primary point of contact for clients
- Set Project and team goals
- Write and deliver all key RIBA stage reports
- Manage relationships with all design team members
- Be aware of the wider construction market, developments, trends etc.
- Establish Strong Relationships internally and externally with key contacts
- Actively take part in and organise marketing events
- Support Development of Senior/project/graduate Engineers
- Prepare fee proposals and bids under Director review
- Drive innovation within projects and implement latest information
- Perform a role as Delegated Engineer/SCE
This is an excellent opportunity with a successful engineering consultancy, and you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, with career-propelling responsibilities and projects, and playing a pivotal role in the future of the company.
If you are interested in this role, please email your details to Dr Neil Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org